The Joint Venture Partner
SmartCity’s partnerships with local governments ensure a host of privileges and benefits for companies operating at SmartCity.
- Business acceleration through streamlining of initiative procedures.
- Sizeable fiscal benefits and tax incentives.
- Policy-makers’ long-term commitment towards developing the knowledge and ancillary industries.
In line with its Vision, SmartCity is proud to have established partnerships with:
Government of Kerala
In May 2007, SmartCity signed a joint venture agreement with the Government of Kerala to develop SmartCity Kochi in India. SmartCity Kochi is a one-of-a-kind township that brings together all the essential elements of daily life. Commercial, hospitality and residential spaces are well integrated, within an urban, yet natural setting.
Celebrating its 10th anniversary in 2014, Dubai Holding is a major investment conglomerate with operations in 24 countries employing over 22,000 people.
Dubai Holding manages a AED 116 bn portfolio of assets, which supports the strong development of Dubai’s non-oil economy across sectors including; tourism, design, trade, hospitality, media, real estate, sciences, ICT & education. Its portfolio includes:
- Jumeirah Group, the hospitality arm which owns and operates 22 hotel developments in 11 destinations in 10 countries.
- Dubai Properties Group, a major contributor to the development of Dubai’s skyline with 54 skyscrapers.
- TECOM Investments, which manages 11 of Dubai’s most successful business parks.
- Emirates International Telecommunications which holds a major stake in ‘du’, the fast growing mobile operator.
Dubai Holding has seen a strong growth across all its commercial operations tripling its net profits in 2013. In 2014, Dubai Holding announced that it will develop Mall of the World; the largest temperature-controlled pedestrian city, offering exciting retail concepts, state-of-the-art wellness facilities, cultural attractions as well as leading hotels and leisure destinations.