Supportive Fiscal Incentives
The Republic of Malta is carrying out its ambitious plan to develop the nation as a strategic hub for knowledge based companies serving the European and North African markets. To achieve this vision, the Government of Malta embarked on a long-term macro-strategy, based around five strategic pillars:
- A positive political landscape
- A 360-degree approach
- Adoption of leading international best practices
- An emphasis on driving results
- The development of a global knowledge-based township
SmartCity Malta is the fifth pillar of Malta’s economic strategy.
Malta has since become a rising destination for knowledge and services based firms, especially for the following favourable fiscal policies and schemes:
- Government Incentives: Probably the most competitive in the European Union, which includes up to zero corporation tax, 15% flat personal income tax for expats, and training expense reimbursement.
- Cost Leadership: The most cost effective location amongst English speaking European countries.
- Proven Destination: Transparent and well-regulated financial jurisdiction enjoyed by top financial service and fund management firms. The 10th soundest banking systems ranked by WEF in 2011.
- Economy: One of the most stable and safest economies in the European Union on a steady growth path.
- Government Service: ‘One-stop’ fast service on-site, from arranging work permits to reclaiming tax.